Saturday, May 29, 2010

UFC 114 Results Prediction

UFC 114. The Greatest Grudge Match in UFC History. Rashad Evans vs. Rampage Jackson. Never before in the history of the UFC…and so on and so on. To start, I like Amir Sadollah and Efrain Escudero in their preliminary fights (towards Dong Hyun Kim and Dan Lauzon respectively). Moving on to the main card, I like Diego Sanchez over John Hathaway. I’m not that familiar with Hathaway and I don’t know how Sanchez being decimated recently by former champ BJ Penn is going to effect his fighting. Nonetheless, I make it a point not to go towards “the Nightmare.” I’m unfamiliar with either Todd Duffee or Mike Russow, but Russow has the most expertise so I’ll take him. For my upset pick on the night, give me Jason Brilz around Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. I’ve by no means heard of Brilz just before, but am betting on the PRIDE curse overwhelming “Lil’ Nog.” Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller is an interesting fight, with both fighters coming off of losses (in Miller’s case, back to back losses). Bisping has been training with Rampage for his fight, but I believe Miller is going to be the hungrier fighter…not to mention fighting for his job. Dan Miller for that win.

And in the Main EVENT From the EVENING…I must go with Rashad Evans more than Rampage Jackson. All points being equal – even though I feel Evans may be the much better fighter and has more tools at his disposal – there’s just something aboot the Greg Jackson Academy fighters that puts them in an completely several class than every person else. It’s (hopefully) about to be a war, but from the end I feel Rashad Evans is coming out the victor.

No comments:

Post a Comment